A System for Addressing a Deficiency
The following is a example of a system to address an abuse, neglect, and exploitation (ANE) deficiency:
- The unit management team will review all facility incident reports on a daily basis.
- The incident management team will review incidents that involved injuries (including those of an unknown cause and non-reportable injuries) or allegations of abuse or neglect on the next business day.
- QIDPs are expected to convene interdisciplinary team (IDT) meetings to address all injuries and allegations of abuse or neglect within 24 hours of the date of discovery.
- QIDPs must submit a copy of the IDT meeting minutes to the unit director and quality assurance director.
- QIDPs must ensure that the IDT considers the following:
- all the facts gathered to date;
- history of similar incidents/allegations; and
- programs designed to address the situation.