Please scroll down to review each section on this page.
The case manager must complete an Individual Program Plan (IPP) for enrollment, renewal and revision of the Individual Service Plan (ISP) or IPC in accordance with the guidelines established in Title 40 of the Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Part 1, Chapter 42.
Form 6501 is used by the DBMD program to:
- document the results of a person centered planning discovery process;
- record the individual's natural supports and non-waiver services, as well as document that DBMD services do not replace the natural supports or non-waiver resources;
- document the needs and preferences identified by the individual;
- determine whether the individual needs a service backup plan;
- determine the outcomes to be achieved through the DBMD program services and goals that will be used to reach these outcomes; and
- justify each service and the frequency/duration of each required service category on Form 6500, Individual Plan of Care (IPC)-DBMD.
- All waiver and CFC services identified in the IPC must be justified regardless of the type and amount.
- Provide sufficient and complete justification and/or documentation for requested services
- Focus specifically on why services at the proposed service level are needed for the individual
- Address how your service justifications are aligned with TAC Rule § 42.214/ § 42.221