Rule: What are basic requirements for meals and snacks?
Minimum standard rules for child care centers and homes (chapters 744, 746 & 747) now include a statement that operations must not serve a child a food identified on the child's food allergy emergency plan.
- Although not required, it may be a good idea to ask for information specific to the severity of the child's allergy (e.g. are reactions only caused when ingested? Are reactions caused by physical contact?). This will help you ensure you are implementing adequate safety precautions.
- Consider placing paper towels under each child's drink to ensure any accidental spills are absorbed and cleaned quickly.
- To prevent spills, do not fill a child's cup more than half way.
- When pouring refills, pick up the cups and pour away from the table.
- Consider replacing Victor's juice with water or asking the parent to supply a healthy substitute.